Tooth Extractions – The Woodlands, TX
Doing What’s Necessary for Your Smile
At Solomon Dental Group, we believe in preserving as much of your natural smile as possible. Our team explores every option and procedure before considering the last resort—tooth extractions in The Woodlands, TX. However, there are situations where extraction is the best course of action, such as:
- Severe damage or decay leaves insufficient tooth structure to support a dental crown.
- Infection could spread from a tooth to other oral structures and tissues.
- Advanced gum disease makes teeth loose.
- Overcrowded teeth need orthodontic treatment.
- Baby teeth haven’t come out on their own and are interfering with permanent teeth.
If we recommend extraction, we will take the time to explain your situation and our reasons for this treatment.
Why Choose Solomon Dental Group for Tooth Extractions?
- All Dental Insurance Welcome
- Dental Implants or Other Replacements Available
- Several Sedation Options Offered
What to Expect Following a Tooth Extraction
Regardless of the reason for your tooth extraction, it’s important to heal properly from the procedure. Here are some of the things you need to do:
- Keep gauze on the site for a few hours and use a cold compress to control swelling.
- Allow a blood clot to form and stay on the surgical site as it heals.
- Gently rinse your mouth to keep the area clean.
- Resume brushing your teeth 24 hours after the procedure, but avoid the site.
- Eat soft foods and progressively work back to your normal diet over the course of a week.
- Avoid using a straw for a few days because the sucking motion can dislodge the clot and cause an infection.
- Do not use tobacco products for at least 48 hours.
- If necessary, consider and discuss your options for replacing your lost tooth with one of our dentists.
I Need a Dental Checkup & Cleaning I am Looking for a Dentist for My Child I am Concerned About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I Want to Enhance My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I am in Pain & Need Help I Need My Wisdom Teeth Removed I am Interested in Sleep Apnea Therapy View Our Services