Dental Implants – The Woodlands, TX
The Permanent Solution for Tooth Loss
Did you know that losing a tooth can change how your face is shaped? As soon as the tooth is gone, the body diverts the nutrients that once went to the jaw bone elsewhere in the body. As a result, this bone loses density and eventually becomes weaker. This not only makes additional tooth loss possible, but it also causes the face to appear older. Unlike traditional bridges and dentures, tooth replacement with dental implants in The Woodlands, TX go beyond the gum surface to replace the tooth roots as well as the visible crowns. This advanced treatment keeps the jaw bone stimulated, just like a real tooth.
Why Choose Solomon Dental Group for Dental Implants?
- Durable, Realistic Restorations
- Partnered with Local Specialists for Implant Placement
- Custom Treatment Plan for Each Patient
Benefits of Dental Implants
Because a dental implant replaces the root as well as the crown, it can offer certain benefits that traditional restorations simply can’t on their own. These benefits include the following:
- High success rate . Even 10 years after placement, dental implants have a 98 percent success rate.
- Long lifespan . Compared to traditional bridges and dentures, which need to be replaced every five to seven years, dental implants can last over 30 years.
- Higher quality of life . The implant posts are firmly embedded in the jaw bone, meaning that you can comfortably bite and chew nutritious foods and enjoy better health.
- Increased confidence . The jaw bone holds the implants in place, so you never have to worry about your replacement teeth slipping or creating awkward situations when you eat or speak.
- Youthful appearance . The jaw bone continues to receive nutrients, helping you retain a younger facial shape.
- No damage to other teeth . Traditional partial dentures and bridges rely on your remaining teeth for stability and can even damage them. This is not the case with dental implants.
Indications for Dental Implants
One of the amazing things about dental implants is that they can be used in basically any possible tooth-loss scenario. Whether you need one tooth or a whole arch replaced, we can create a treatment plan with dental implants that meets your needs. Below are the ways that dental implants can become your permanent solution for tooth loss.
Missing Single Tooth
One lost tooth can be replaced with a single dental implant. The implant post is placed into the socket and is topped with a custom dental crown, replicating natural tooth structure. So, instead of removing healthy tooth structure to support a dental bridge, you have the implant, which relies on the jaw bone for stability.
Missing Multiple Teeth
Depending on the location and number of teeth you’re missing, we can use either an implant-retained partial denture or an implant-retained bridge to complete your smile. Instead of anchoring to or clasping onto healthy teeth, these restorations attach to a couple of dental implants.
Missing All Teeth
Even if you’ve suffered total tooth loss, dental implants can help you rebuild a strong, healthy smile. With as few as four to six implants in each arch, full dentures can be bolted into place. This firm hold helps your replacement teeth feel natural and enables you to enjoy a nutritious diet without feeling self-conscious.
How Dental Implants Work
At Solomon Dental Group, we believe that you deserve the best dental care available. For the most part, that means that our team provides the services you need right here in our dental office in The Woodlands. However, in some cases, such as implant placement, we refer you to an expert for part of the treatment. We partner with local specialists in implant placement, so you can feel certain that it will be performed correctly and will end in success. After the post is inserted into your jaw bone, a process called osseointegration happens, during which the jaw bone grows around the post. When this is complete, you’ll return to our dental office and have an abutment or connection piece placed, followed by your personalized restoration.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
In terms of the initial cost, traditional bridges and dentures are more cost effective than dental implants. However, when you consider the long-term costs, dental implants often prove to be the wisest financial decision because they last for decades at a time without needing replacement or adjustments. During your consultation with us, we will evaluate your needs, work with you to create an implant plan according to your needs, and provide an estimate for treatment.
I Need a Dental Checkup & Cleaning I am Looking for a Dentist for My Child I am Concerned About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I Want to Enhance My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I am in Pain & Need Help I Need My Wisdom Teeth Removed I am Interested in Sleep Apnea Therapy View Our Services